Sunday 14 August 2016

#116 - Prayer for study rhythm, new community and re-adjustment

Many of you have written to ask me how my first week back at school was going.
School started on a Thursday, so it has not been one week yet! 
However, the first day back we had to read a comprehension exercise, and I was able to read it all except for 5 words! I understood my teachers when they spoke. We have 2 of them during the three hour morning class, but my listening skills when more than one person is talking is very weak.

Prayer requests


- That this week I would be focused on my studies and get into a healthy rhythm of study! 

- That He would give me discernment as to how to set up my extra tutoring time for 2 days a week in the afternoon. I prayed and already He gave me Mondays as one day to get extra help, since we are learning new things on first day of the week, and Wednesday as well! (Before it was random!)

- I had such a condensed quality community time with my family and you my other family, that being back here where I am more alone is making the readjustment a bit more difficult than I thought! Please pray that I would be able to adjust and have His wisdom on finding my community.


- On finding my new home! Strangely enough, everyone here in neighbourhood was so excited to see me back. My school Tuk Tuk driver wants to speak only English in the morning so he can work on his skills! We made an agreement: I learn how to pronounce two words from him each morning, and I will help him with his English as we drive to school and talk! Liep, whom I mentioned before who goes to my church here, wisely noted that our church, New Life, would be moving soon, so maybe my new place should be closer to it (and school, of course!). So prayer is for that geographical location! 

Praise:


My former students have invited me to watch them play football and I love going to watch them and in the in-between times, I get to hear what is on their hearts! Now they come to pick me up on their motos! I am seeing the fruit of the two years spent at Rescue teaching them! They are all my former translators! 

I have to rush off to have breakfast which is my most important meal of the day! (LOL!) 

I love my coffee times with Jesus in the morning! His Word always prepares me for the day. 
Who else but our God speaks to us through His Word? 
Dance with Him today

Love, His Warrior and Disciple, submitting to be His Dance partner here in Cambodia,

Your sister, Vidya

No comments:

Post a Comment