Sunday 27 September 2015

#70 - Dancing and Departure in Faith!

Vol. 70

My friends and family! 
I want to give a quick update as to what God has been doing. 

I started my information meeting defining what it means to 'dance' with me: dance means Skyping, praying, giving financially, sharing what is going on in your life with me so that I can pray with you, and celebrate and cry, according to the seasons in your life! I want to thank all of you who prayed for this meeting, who gave up precious time on a Saturday to come out to see what God is doing in Cambodia! I want to thank and release those who could not attend for various reasons from any guilt - I felt your support this morning and I thank you!













SO I have great news for you:
DEPARTURE DATE: October 7th at 12:20 p.m.! I will get there on October 8th!
Commissioning date: October 3rd: at the Saturday night 6:30p.m. service; and on Sunday October 4th services (9:00 and 11:00a.m.)!
Tears are already flowing as I write this. I am missing you all already yet excited to be where HE wants me to be. I am actually excited about attending school and learning Khmer! I am excited to see the curriculum at Prison Fellowship and to see how I can serve them there!
Answered prayer: I have my home there: an apartment and I already bought the air conditioner!  I have no furniture yet but wow, this is my first place there and God gave me Proverbs 24:3-4:  “...By wisdom a house is built, through understanding it is established, through knowledge its rooms are filled with rare and beautiful treasures...."
(Email me for the new address!)
Finances: Praise God for 90% (of $9,700of the initial one-time donations for start-up costs and 50% (of $2,000) of the budgeted monthly support. (See below).  I am trusting my Jesus for the rest of the finances to be in place before I leave.

PRAYER REQUESTS:
·       -For the rest of the finances to come in.
·       -Greek dictionary and Study Bible for one of the pastors who is part of my community there! He asked me if it was possible to get them for his studies; there is no Wi-Fi so he needs this when he goes home to study. His wife, when asked what to bring said…”just bring yourself please”!
·       -Furniture: for my home, transportation of and setting up of fridge, stove, washing machine, water filtration are priorities; lamps.
·       -To become involved in a specific ministry at New Life Church (ministry involvement leads to community which leads to accountability).
Dancing with Jesus
Love, Sister Vidya

No comments:

Post a Comment