Friday 19 December 2014

#54 - Snowstorm

Vol. 54

Snowstorm.

There I was clambering over snowdrifts as I tried to find my way to the bus stop!

I got up at an early hour to go to my doctor’s appointment, and lo and behold, I woke up to the beauty of the snow, but trying to walk in it was a different story! 

No snowploughs were there to clean the road yet and as the snow was still falling, residents had not yet shovelled the sidewalks!  But I loved it!!


You could fall in it and NOT get hurt!

I finally got to my appointment only half an hour late, (I had given myself 2 hours to get there), and as I walked into the beautifully decorated office, I just felt so warm and welcomed! 

It was like walking into the arms of Jesus! 

The Christmas decorations and the tree were a welcome sight. It said we are not ashamed to celebrate the birth of Jesus Christ! 

This was what I missed last year when I was in Cambodia. It is a Buddhist country and the Christmas trees and lights that you may find in some businesses are just décor without the true meaning of Christmas!

I had to make appointments for further medical tests and rather than do it by phone, I decided after praying to go to the Medical building and make the appointments face to face! 
I was praying that I would get my tests done sooner rather than later since I am going home to Trinidad on December 22nd and will be there for a month with my parents. 

God went beyond my expectations and I got ALL of my tests done that day! The snowstorm worked to my advantage since there were cancellations.

I prayed and asked for guidance. He sent 2 angels to show me the way.

Angel#1: The technician who did 3 of my X-rays and bone density test; so kind and warm.

Angel#2: The technician who did my mammogram was very nice and supportive; she knew that I had been to Cambodia from previous visits, so she knew I focus on the boys and girls who experience so much pain and hurt when I feel the pain of having a mammogram!

As I think of the sacrifice Our Lord made by coming down to earth as a Babe, giving up His kingly crown, so that you and I can have real peace and joy even in the midst of struggles, I want to thank all of you who have sacrificed your time and finances for me as we did His work for His kingdom.

I pray you get a chance to sit/dance/sing/ bake/skate/ski/, whichever way you are attuned to worship Him, to marvel at the majesty and glory of the Lord this Christmas season!

Have a blessed Christmas.

Humbly your servant,

Love, Sister Vidya

No comments:

Post a Comment