Thursday 22 October 2020

#225 - Please Pray For Cambodia...

 Vol.# 225

 

When I hear the sound of rain, I remember my childhood days back in Trinidad and I feel a sense of comfort and happiness. I remember working at Place of Rescue and finishing class early when the rain began so that we could all go out to play and even shampoo our hair in the rain, because usually it is so hot and we never have enough water! 


However for the past few weeks whenever I hear the sound of the rain, I feel a sense of dread for I know what that means for so many here in Cambodia. It means flooding, loss of livestock, loss of livelihood, and loss of life! The following pictures speak for themselves and I ask you to pray for the land of Cambodia please!

 
FLOODING AT PLACE OF RESCUE 11






However, in the midst of the rain, we have used the water that has been filling up in the dams and ponds to perform baptisms! Out of these dire circumstances we had baptisms in one of our satellite plant churches in the countryside! 



With the rains came a loss of power last Sunday when I went to join the church services in one of our smaller church plants in Toul Sang Kai. Yet we did church with the worship singer, a guitar and a beat box! It was moving and inspiring to see the whole church filled (with COVID seating), and to hear the voices raised in worshipping our Lord! 



Thank you for joining me in praying for my heart country of Cambodia!

 
And yes, I will return on November 17th, and will quarantine for 2 weeks at the duplex, but more of that in my other update. I want the focus to be on praying for Cambodia right now. 

Love, His Warrior and Disciple, 

Submitting to be His Dance partner here in Cambodia, 

Your sister, Vidya 

No comments:

Post a Comment