Tuesday 1 August 2017

#147 - Prayer requests as I travel


Vol.# 147

Last night some of the students with my housemate, Channak, brought food over and we had fun together. 


Sreyleak, who was one of my translators in the last 6 months at my time at Place of Rescue 3 years ago, came over earlier, and she had just been to a Women's Retreat with our church New Life and was bubbling over with excitement! So I asked her to tell me about the retreat in ...Khmer! She then started to talk at a rapid rate (but really normal pace for Khmer), and because I knew the context, I understood 70 percent of what she said! 
When the rest of them came over, however, they were all talking and eating, so the subjects varied, and I was 'lost' again! But the rhythm of the sounds are familiar and I am beginning to learn the 'slang' way of speaking Khmer.

Here is a picture of when I met with and prayed with Bong Sirivuth, head of Prison Fellowship Cambodia on Sunday. I was trying not to cough! Prayed half in Khmer and half in English! 

Meeting with head of Prison Fellowship Cambodia


Prayer Requests:
- That I would be disciplined enough to spend at least 2 hours a day on going over my Khmer when I am in Toronto.
 - Cough: I have been the recipient of breathing in the dust etc.  2 days ago when we were in a traffic jam BEHIND a large truck where the exhaust was just spewing out, even though I was wearing my mask, I did inhale some of it! So that has triggered a cough. I am using my puffers, but when the air is dry I go off into a coughing fit and am always amazed to see the Miracle of the Red Sea happening in front of my eyes with the parting of people around and in front of me, trying to not be in my space! Can you please pray that I would not have a coughing fit on the plane where the air is usually so dry?  

Thank you for standing in the gap with me.

Love, His Warrior and Disciple, 

Submitting to be His Dance partner here in Cambodia, Your sister, Vidya 

No comments:

Post a Comment