Friday 24 March 2017

#134 - Birthday Blessings and "Vidya Chaplain"!

Vol. #134 


Thank you all for your birthday prayers, cards, gifts and calls! 
It was a blessing to have Ian and Ramona Loberg from RAC here for my birthday week and what fun we had! 




They pampered me with not only their gift of time but also deep talks, laughter and great food! My house mate Channak was in cahoots with them to plan a 'surprise' birthday time with my former students, and from the photos you can see it was a blessing and fun time! 

I spent the first part of the day doing 'Drop-by' gifting. The first stop was at the Khmer bakery where I usually go, to pick up two cakes with the message, “Happy birthday to us!” The first cake drop-off was at the salon I frequent, since the owner and I share the same birthday. The second was at my school where I also dropped off a cake. I think I like the idea of doing 'drive-bys' of surprise gifts of cards and words of encouragement on my birthday! 
I was so blessed by you all that I know I need to pass on these blessings to others! 

I started my day with Him, with coffee and music and dance and a wonderful intimate time thinking back to my birthday one year ago when I was struggling to regain strength from the time in the hospital and was also in the midst of exams!  
How grateful I am that He has carried me, and has been my constant strength and foundation. I was just listening to a song, the words of which I am humming right now, ...through it all my eyes were on YOU!..it is well...it is well...with my soul!" 

Praise
I have adapted my part-time studies to being at school on a full-time basis! What does that mean? 
I still go in on the days that I do not have a formal class and sit and study and communicate in Khmer with other students and staff. It is exhausting because where I am there is no A/C until I go into the classroom where there is, but just being there has become a stopping point for many students from all the levels at G2K school. 
One of my friends has added a title to my name, "Chaplain Vidya!" 
It is fun as they are asking if that particular desk I sit at is my “own"! I have had many conversations in both Khmer and English and have been able to pray with others; to encourage and be encouraged as well! 

Prayer
Please pray that my eyes will continue to be aware of every curve and symbol in Khmer that I am reading; that my ears will continue to hear the nuances of Khmer language
I have been listening to Khmer radio as background (white noise) when I am studying or writing as a way of getting accustomed to the sounds of my heart language. 

Praise
With Ian and Ramona's help, I got a couple more pieces of furniture for 'the house' (no name for the house as yet!)

Prayer
We had gone to a furniture shop and the owner had come to measure for a sofa and then would call to let me know the price. I stopped by the shop but his wife who is the one who sets the price was not there, but they said they would call but I have not received a call back yet. So I was hoping that this was the one. It was exciting to choose the colour and fabric for my sofa! Pray for resolution please

Prayer
EXAM TIME! My assessment and exam is on Monday 27th at 1:30p.m. I have to prepare 2 topics. The first one is on the main problem in Khmer society, what it is, the outcome and then solutions to solving the problem. The second topic concerns my future two years from now. Then I have a role play with the teacher (improvisation); a listening text where I have to answer questions after listening to a text. That is the first part of the exam. 
The second part is written; grammar and vocab recognition; writing a card to someone. Can you pray for clarity of thought as I prepare the first two topics, for clear speech, and steady hands as I write in Khmer. 

Prayer
This Saturday I am taking one of my teachers who is about 7 months pregnant and the cafe owner's wife who is also 7 months pregnant, to have their feet massaged etc.. Both are Khmer and are becoming part of my community here. Please pray that we will be a blessing to my girls and the owner at the salon! 

I sit here at my table on the balcony thinking I need to start revising, but it is now too HOT! And it is only 7:25 in the morning! Yikes! 

Please keep on sending in your prayer requests and stories! So humble to be part of your lives! 
Dancing with Him.

Love, His Warrior and Disciple, submitting to be His Dance partner here in Cambodia,

Your sister, Vidya 

No comments:

Post a Comment