Wednesday 24 September 2014

#49 - Answer To Prayer

Vol. 49

Answer to prayer:

Last week I asked you to pray for my classes. In my Grade 1/2/3 class, the little ones were not doing their homework. I could tell by their reading! So with my translator, we stopped the class, and then took all 13 of them on a walk to visit their house moms! 
Can you picture this? 
They are all subdued because going to see the housemom usually signifies that there has been some trouble in the class! 

I asked each housemom to get one older brother or sister to sit and help each of their little siblings in their reading for that night. They had to spend 20 minutes or more on the reading. 
You should have seen the relief on the faces of each kid when they heard why we were there at the house! (Yes, I could have told them the reason at the beginning of the class, but where is the fun in all of that?!). 
The older brother or sister then had to sign the paper so that I could see that they were doing their homework! 
The kids do not know how to study. They do things by rote; so they would write out the passage 10 times not knowing what they were writing! 

The next day I was nearly in tears as each student sat with me and read about the fat bat that sat on the flat mat! Eight students particularly were never focused on their studies, so it was sweet to hear them read and look at the words and sound them out! 

Thank you for your prayers for creativity and your suggestions!
Together WE are teaching these classes!

Dancing with Him,  

Love, Sister Vidya

No comments:

Post a Comment