Vol.# 316
Thank you all for dancing along with me in this new season!
I have just returned with my parents from visiting my big brother in Florida and I’m glad to be back in cooler temperatures here in Toronto! I just want to share some highlights!
Before we left, we had misplaced a key to the deposit box and had prayed but still could not find it. When we got to the bank, the manager, who is a Christian, asked us to stop and pray again and ask the Lord to show us where the key was. He said these words in front of his staff member who was serving us at the time, adding that it was also going to be expensive to get the box opened with a new key. So we took his advice, and Mom and I held hands and we prayed to the Lord, who showed us from His Word about the lost coin being found, the lost sheep being found, and we prayed using His Word! One minute later, I felt we should look in one place that we had already searched and YES, we found the missing key! Now we had prayed at the beginning but I do believe that our Lord wanted this to be His testimony for that specific bank employee as well as to strengthen our own faith! When we returned and informed the manager that the lost was found, he was beaming and was going to share our story with that employee! Praise God!
We had prayed for help at the airport (US Customs ) and our Lord provided this young man who was at the counter to not only get the wheelchairs for my parents but he also took the luggage to the separate area where you have to check in your luggage as he saw that my parents should not be left unattended! Thank you Lord for that angel.
Thank you for your continued prayers for the health of my parents and my brother. It was good for my parents and I to spend time with him!
Thank you so much for your generous donation toward the DK Team Retreat. Your kindness and support are a great blessing to our team. All of them had a good rest and felt refreshed this time.
We truly appreciate your heart for supporting the DK campus and team, who faithfully serve the church through various ministries, services, and events.
May God richly bless you and your family for your generosity and faithful support.
With gratitude and prayers,
God bless you! ”
The above was sent to me last week. As I have been video calling with different members of our Dangkao team, it became evident that they all needed a break. So Lokru Virak (who heads up this campus) and I were communicating and since I know all of the staff there, I had ONE request for them and that was ‘no kids’ at this retreat time! Lokru Virak understood exactly why I suggested this and was quite relieved that I had put that in writing so that he could share it with the staff and they had a wonderful time! Thank you! Your support has allowed us to sponsor this day and one night out!
Lokru Darith and Sister Chakriya
Another piece of news: Lokru Darith and Sister Chakriya who led me when I was on the soul care/prayer team and who have been members/leaders at New Life Foundation church for over 17 years have found new positions at a different church (the founding member was also a leader at NLF!). Now Lokru Darith will be a senior leader and his wife will be helping with the Family and Women’s ministries there! I am so happy for them but it is a bittersweet time for many at the church who cannot understand why they would not be able to attend NLF as usual on a Sunday! I had to help explain that Sunday is the time to be at the new church building up relationships with the new members by worshipping together! I will be video calling with them later on today!
Praise God for teaching me new things on our last trip to Trinidad with my parents that I was able to implement on the trip to Florida to make things smoother for them with less anxiety for all of us!
Prayer Request: As we are back and settling into a regular routine, this month will be filled with doctors’ appointments for both, please pray that I will be filled with His wisdom on handling things here, grateful for my sister Sita and my brother Vish’s help with it all. I continue to pray for more suitable accommodations for us all!
Please continue to send your requests so I too can go before our Lord with you!
Love,, His Warrior and Disciple,
Dancing with Him,
Holding on to His Hand, Allowing Him to Guide me,
Your sister, Vedya
No comments:
Post a Comment