Monday 7 January 2019

#187 - Gratitude, Grieving and Celebration

Vol.# 187

The flight from Toronto to Hong Kong did not seem like almost 16 hours. I did not sleep much but I was able to be ‘quiet’. Amidst the tears of saying goodbye to my parents, siblings and friends , I know that I was blessed to have had the time to be with you all, for my soul to be refreshed and passion renewed for His plan for me here. I just want to say a special thanks for the blessing my parents gave me on my return here, and the special gift to be able to visit with not only my oldest brother in Florida and childhood friends in Georgia, but also my sister and brother in Toronto and high school friends in Trinidad and Tobago! To cap it off ,my neighbors from my hometown of Arima where I grew up were able to come and visit me at home here in Scarborough hours before I left!

Prayer
On a sad note, my housemate Channak, who was supposed to pick me up from the airport in PP and then drive the 3 hours or more to my former student’s wedding, had just found out that his aunt, who was like a second mom to him had passed away unexpectedly. He had to shift from celebrating for a wedding to grieving this unexpected loss. Please pray as his cousins and his family mourn this precious loss to their family. I had the privilege of meeting her many times when she had cooked our special order of seafood and prepared it for us when as a group we went to the beach. She always made this foreigner or as Khmer say ‘barang' feel welcome and included as we stopped at her place for refreshments!

But this did not take our God by surprise. 
I had received this sad news when I was at the airport in Hong Kong and was able by His design to have my former Tuk Tuk driver, who used to take me to Rescue orphanage when I worked there in 2011, to suddenly message me and I was able to arrange for him to not only pick me up from the airport in his taxi car, but he also helped to take my 3 large suitcases up 30 steps to my place (the poor man was breathing really hard!) and he also took me to the country where I presently am for the wedding! 
It is 3 in the morning and I am SO up! 
Reunited: The night before the wedding; 6 hours after landing in Cambodia and a 3.5 taxi ride!

Praise
God orchestrated all of this in the midst of the changes in plans. Tony De A (with support of wife M) had felt moved to give money towards transportation to the wedding not knowing of the changes in plans here, and I was able to sleep and relax after the frantic rushing around for the 2 hours I was back in PP! 

Love, His Warrior and Disciple, 
Submitting to be His Dance partner here in Cambodia, 
Your sister, Vidya 

No comments:

Post a Comment