Saturday 15 April 2017

#137 - A time of refreshment and delighting in Him.

Vol.# 137

Thank you for your prayers for safety and travelling to Phou Quoc, an island which was formerly part of Cambodia until the reigning Prime Minister gave it to Vietnam. So technically I was still in Cambodia. However all the workers I met spoke Vietnamese but, except for one of our helpers on the island, spoke Khmer to me! 
My Khmer hostess/server. Got to hear her life story.

So the transportation to the island from Phnom Penh consisted of 7 vans of varying sizes, one tuk tuk, one ferry ride (about one hour), and a car. On the way back it was a moto, a car, then switched to another car (no A/C), then to a bus, then a tuk tuk! The transitions getting there were smooth, but coming back there were delays etc.. But as I was thinking about this, I had told my friend Annette who was with me that I had wanted to explore the island on a moto (they have the coolest cap like helmets to wear!), but I did not have a chance. But that was the first mode of transportation on way back, albeit very short ride! 

Praise
- For safety to and from; for connections with one of our hostesses/servers at the restaurant. Her mom is Khmer, so it was exciting to try and speak it with her and more exciting when she introduced me to 2 older couples who were Khmer vacationing there, so I got a chance to speak with them also.

- Time spent with God. I get so busy sometimes that I do not get quality extended time away from the demands of every day life. So I had time to be refreshed spiritually and to think of the grandeur of our God and to celebrate that HE is risen! Good Friday was spent in just thanking Him all day, either in song or as I walked, for the sacrifice that our Lord made for us on the Cross! 
The magnificence of God in amazing sunsets. Kept quoting the Psalmist David!

Whenever I visit the beach, I always sign my heart over to God; this time my footprint.
Tomorrow is Easter Sunday, so as I go to worship and partake of communion, I know that it will be extra contemplative and joyous at the same time.

I will enjoy my last 2 days of 'freedom' before going back into the busyness of school and life here!



Love, His Warrior and Disciple, submitting to be His Dance partner here in Cambodia,
Your sister, Vidya 

No comments:

Post a Comment