Sunday 9 October 2016

#121 - Happy Canadian Thanksgiving Day!

Vol. #121

As I write this, tomorrow will be our Canadian Thanksgiving. So, Happy Thanksgiving to my Canadian family

I am so blessed to be able to call Canada one of my homes. But as I write this, I am watching Cambodia play Sri Lanka in soccer. It is called International Friendly and I am shouting for Cambodia because we are ahead 2- 0! And even as I write this, I realized I said 'we'! 
If I had known a game was on and playing at our own stadium here, I would have gone to see it.

But I digress (no surprise to many of you reading this). It has been raining steadily from early evening into the wee hours of the morning here for the past week. So I am trying to get things done before it starts to rain, although I do love being out in the rain. The traffic is almost at a standstill when out in the tuk tuk. I know it is no fun for those on motos. The roads flood quickly, and before you know it you are knee deep in not too clean water in some places here.

I want to thank Pastor Wade for urging us to meditate on the Lord's Prayer and I have to tell you I cannot seem to go beyond the first line: Our Father, my Father, who art in heaven; my perspective is that this means that HE reigns and is in control, Hallowed be Your Name
Is there any other Name that is sweeter than Jesus? 
That is why a long time ago I made a covenant between God and myself to not watch or read anything that used His Name in vain. And I just had that put to the test while I was watching a movie, and, yup, they used His Name in vain, so  I had to switch channels, which was not easy to do since it was a really good movie! 

For many Khmer friends here whom I have talked to about the meaning of father, even though they respect and love their earthly father, they are not particularly close to them. They cannot have in-depth conversations with their fathers. I noted it is the same with many in our Western culture as well. 
I thank God for my earthly father, and even more, Jesus the Christ, Who wants to have an intimate relationship with us, Who is always there when we go to Him, waiting to hear us and yes, respond through His Word.
So I am very thankful that He would want to use me in His dance here in Cambodia, leading me and allowing me to be part of His plan.

I am thankful to you, my Trini blood family, my Trini family, and my Canadian family (yes, all of you!) for being my dance partners here in this land, sacrificing your time and finances to allow me to be here.  
I pray that you will have an amazing Canadian Thanksgiving (eat turkey for me please!) 
I will be telling all of my Canadian peeps here at school tomorrow Happy Canada Day and I already have my Canada hat ready to wear! 
It was a choice between my Blue Jays hat (Yes, I was able to see the last game played by them and have been rejoicing with you all!) and Canada hat, but Canada won out!

Praise: I continue to have fun learning Khmer, building up relationships with others within the school.

Prayer Requests
- I still need deep Khmer relationships. My listening ear still needs a lot of work as I try to decipher when someone speaks to me very fast in Khmer. I enjoy sitting down and trying to read in Khmer but listening and responding is my weakness.

- I have not been able to find another place yet so I value your prayers in not only finding that home, but also in the logistics of moving. I will have to not only move furniture but I also have to remove my A/C units from here, my dish cupboard that is attached to the wall, and the Wi-Fi etc. 

Please continue to send your requests. 
I enjoy hearing your stories and am honoured when you ask me to pray with you! 

HAPPY CANADIAN THANKSGIVING DAY!


Love, His Warrior and Disciple, submitting to be His Dance partner here in Cambodia,

Your sister, Vidya

No comments:

Post a Comment