Wednesday 16 December 2015

#87 - Quick update: "What is your name?"

Vol.# 87

It was a bit dicey at first when I was asked in Khmer, “What is your name?”
I gave the teacher a blank look! Then she repeated, and I went OH
I could not remember one vocab word but I got comprehension: fluency was very good etc.

I had started the morning with an upset stomach. I ate bad food yesterday, the one time I chose to eat out for lunch since I was going to be at school all day! So I had no breakfast and I went in feeling queasy!

Thank you for your prayers and encouragement
I will go back on Monday to visit the school and give Christmas goodies to the teachers! And then we are off for 3 weeks!

Praise: I had prayed and asked God for the landlady to be around a couple of days ago so that I can ask her to practise Khmer with me. She had not been around, and her husband kept saying you two should get together! I did see her, and she came up for an hour to practise with me! She stopped when she saw the walls covered in Khmer and started to smile! She loves my Christmas tree, so I will look for more decorations later and also for gifts for her and her family. They are not yet believers!

Now I am off to sleep since have been up since 3 a.m.!

♪♪♪ I am dancing to Boney M's Mary's Boy Child! ♪♪♪



Love, 
His Warrior and Disciple, submitting to be His dance partner here in Cambodia,
Your servant, Vidya

** (P.S. I am at 90 percent of my monthly support, would you consider becoming one of my dance partners? Please email me!)


No comments:

Post a Comment