Saturday 23 November 2013

#30 - A 'cool' Mr. Bean is back!

Vol. 30

Wow! It has been over two weeks since I have arrived and our Lord has allowed many highs and lows as I transition back into life here. 

Here I am, stuck in traffic breathing in all forms of diesel fumes and other smells as well! I am wearing my mask but it is not a deterrent to the smells! I have been travelling from the city to Rescue, which usually takes one hour, but so far I have been averaging one and a half hours just getting there! With the rains, the road that leads to Rescue as you turn off the main road is unpredictable, so what usually takes 10 minutes is taking more time. 


I am laughing because it is taking more time to avoid the holes etc., but I am convinced that my tuk tuk driver is going into all the bumps. My insides are so shaken up and as yet I have not bumped my head when we fly over a pothole. So thank You, My Lord, for making me five feet and two and a half inches!!

As I get into Rescue my grades one and two run to grab me [well, really my knees] and are yelling ‘teacher’! The older ones, being cooler, are yelling ‘Mr. Bean is back’! [That would be me by the way]. They are asking when I am going to teach them in the evenings, which brings me to my prayer request. 

Prayer request: We found a place that is right off the main road, but it needs some work to get it ready for me to move in: running water; a kitchen; bed; etc. Pray that this would be accomplished sooner rather than later. The travel is taking a toll on my body and it is taking me longer to 'get back in the zone' to teach. 

Praise: Lois, who I met here, has been gracious and allowed me to rent my room here. Yes it has a rooftop, so this is where I am hanging my hat for now.

Prayer: I am not accustomed to this area so I have to learn how to get around, where the supermarkets are etc. I need to start back eating properly. The drive in, plus having to get my lunch ready (no cooler yet) so it does not spoil in the heat takes creativity. 

Prayer: for relationships to run smoother; for me to have His wisdom and discernment as I am His servant; to remember the 'weapons in the heavenlies' that He has given to me so I can use them immediately to fight off Satan’s attacks.

A cool thing has been happening and I mean it literally, ‘cool’. Being in the tuk tuk can be draining with the heat and onslaught of dust and smells. I thought, “Lord you gave shade under a tree, water gushed forth from a rock, manna fell from heaven for those who were starving, so I am going to be bold and ask for a cool breeze to surround me as I travel the long journey into Rescue!” Well, I got that cool breeze, so cool that my 'pores were raised' as we Trinis say or ' I had goose bumps!! It did not strike me that I was feeling cool until I started looking for my scarf in the tuk tuk, and then I started to laugh and cry at the same time! Yes, my driver thinks I am 'chacouth' especially when I started to sing about His majesty! 

 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Mr. B:

I cannot end this without mentioning my Brother Barry Beaver who is now in His Arms. Mr. B, as I would call him, was my gentle encourager, always with a kind word and a one liner joke for me! We had many fun times when I used to volunteer for Neighbourhood Connection, and on the Mondays he would be in with Mrs. B and the rest of the gang, and I would be trying to find us something to eat from the kitchen! 
Mr. B., I would miss your warmth, your gentleness, your humour, and your vulnerability when you asked for prayer. You have taught me a lot and I mourn your passing here on earth for you and Mrs. B became my family at RAC.  But I also celebrate that you are running around in heaven at peace with your Lord and Saviour.  Thank you for the dinners and talks! 

Dancing with Him with a new song,

Love, Sister Vidya

No comments:

Post a Comment