Wednesday 28 August 2013

#21 - Beach Chair and How God Works

Vol. 21 

Here I am, sitting on my beach chair, feeling the sun and I hear a voice say, “Hey girl, you falling asleep on yourself!”  

No, I am not at the beach. I am sitting in the corridor at the hospital waiting for the doctors to come to get an update on my Dad. There are no chairs for visitors; the only chair that may be available if the guard is not there, tips over if you sit on it and lean backwards! So after 2 and a half weeks of standing and standing, I remembered we had this beach chair, so I brought it so Mom and I can at least sit when we have to wait for maybe 3 or 4 hours for the staff doctors to come! 

Thank you for your prayers. My Dad is still in the hospital. They have moved him to a room that has a working bathroom! He was told he has the most irregular heartbeat they have come across, and they want to monitor him more closely. They are speculating on a pace maker to be put in. More tests are being done. 

My return date to Toronto was August 30th. Last night I could not sleep because I knew that my Mom was not going to be able to handle the hospital visits, the paperwork etc. which would need to be done at the hospital, but I prayed and as He would have it, my eldest sister was praying too, and as she cannot come until the next 3 weeks, and another brother cannot come until Sept.7th, she asked if I could stay and she would pay. I just got off the phone with West Jet and not only do I not have to pay, BUT I can get a credit!! You know when He works. He just makes me go on my knees in gratitude!! So I will return on September 7th!! 

Prayer requests:

 -For His grace to be upon me as I wait and interact with the doctors, nurses’ aides, nurses, and security guards: for His words as I speak to them.

 -For His peace as I am here and I know I have many things to do for my return to Cambodia.

-For His courage to speak His words of blessing to family members; one member whom I have not seen for over 10 years came to visit Dad and asked that I pray for him, which I did right there!!!

-For the laptop to work!!! 

I am keeping in touch with Marie and Rescue: I know I have to wait on His timing for return flight. 
Thank you so much for your support and prayers. How can I pray in return for you? 

 Still Dancing with my Jesus,

    Love, Sister Vidya

1 comment:

  1. Prayers lifted up, Vid - praying for strength and wisdom for your next steps. Heidi xo

    ReplyDelete