Monday 25 June 2012

#10 - Ask and it shall be given unto you...



Ask and it shall be given unto you.

Well, you know your faith is not as great as you think when you make an offhand remark to one person not expecting that anything would be done about it. I was talking to Channak, Marie's assistant, about getting a key to the office area. Yes, I am going there because I needed to use the washroom there! Oh yes, I am going there! Have been having problems with my stomach and the squat toilet was not helping me at all! 
Squat toilet in Cambodia
The first time I used it when I had stomach trouble, let us just say no one told me about NOT using toilet paper etc., (yes, too much info for some of you), and let us just say it was NOT good! Anyway, not wanting to go to the bathroom is not good for my system so all I wanted was a key so that if I wanted to go at 3 in the morning or whatever, I could just go instead of waiting until 8 in the morning when the office opened! Well, MY LORD went beyond that and this morning as I was in Khmer class, they came into my room and removed the squat toilet and put in a regular toilet! Serious! I still am in a bit of a shock but then I started to laugh; HE knew exactly what I needed, so there you are!

If you think that GOD is not aware of what you need, He does and He will sometimes surprise you!

I wanted to see the EURO World Cup game but did not have access to it but still mentioned it to Channak, the same person who connected me for the toilet. He said he talked to Pastor about it because it would be for the older boys to see as well, but it started at 11 and would go on for two hours and we would have to get a TV etc.. Anyway I met the Pastor and we decided that it was a school day so perhaps it was not advisable for the guys to be up etc.. 
Well, next ting I know, Pastor said he would lend me his TV and I am up watching the Greece/Czech game as I am writing to you, about 11:33 at night! It was hilarious trying to set up the TV with the antennae, trying to find the right angle and twisting the antennae to find the best reception. The whole of POR is asleep except for me in this room. Of course the whole ting is in Khmer and a bit fuzzy, but, hey, all good!

 I am watching the guys play their daily volleyball game with a couple of the staff and I’m praying and hoping that the ball does not come my way. 
And hit me on the head. 
Of course, the kids are out and they want to touch and press the keyboard, so this might take longer to do than usual. I went to watch kids play football because watching the Euro game at nighttime and not going to see them play in the daytime just seemed wrong. 
Speaking of that, whoa! the ball just came over my head! Seriously
Wait... while I give them one of my famous looks! Ah, it still works because they are calling out ‘sorry teacher!’ 

Ah, now at soccer field, one of my students just scored two goals! And some child just jumped on my back and is now perched on my shoulders! He just snuggles in and is holding on so we stand together and watch the game and I walk back with him still on my back to my place and have to let him down. I do not know him, he is not one of my students but he gives me a wave and runs off.

Teaching was tough today, I had to discipline one of my brightest students, who came in late and then was not listening to my instructions. I am not sure if they grasped the lesson today. They know how to do the tests, write the words down but cannot transfer that knowledge to orals. Need prayer for this class at midday each day. Thank you all for continuing to stand in the gap and storm the heavens for me and for the kids.

One of the highlights of teaching is praying with Teacher Poeun before our six o’clock class. We have made it a priority to meet and pray for the kids and to thank God for the opportunity to teach the next generation of leaders of Cambodia.

God is so amazing, the same kid whom I had to discipline just happened(?) to be in the library when I stepped in to show Teacher Poeun and Teacher Kayar that I had bought a local cake (finally!), and was eating to show them how delicious I found it. Then I saw ‘M’ and gave him a piece of cake, which he took and gave me a smile together with his 100 lines of ‘I must obey the obey the teacher’
Food is the peacemaker here.

I am grateful and thankful to you all for storming the heavens on behalf of our kids here, on behalf of the grannies and the house moms. 
I can feel the burden being lifted off my shoulders and I know it is because you are praying.

With a grateful heart to you all, and to our King.

I came on dancing with my Saviour,
Love, Sister Vidya

No comments:

Post a Comment